GETTING STARTED WITH AN ACCOUNT
In Local Orbit, every user has to have a login.
- New buyers and suppliers need to click the Request an Account link to register.
- The market manager next manually approves the buyer or supplier or some markets may auto-activate.
- A buyer or supplier may also be sent an Email Invite from a market manager.
Every user can change their email address or password.
- Select the Account tab and then click on the E-mail & Password tab.
On the Editing User page, to change your password 1) enter your new password, 2) confirm your password, 3) enter your current password, and click Save Changes.
- To change your email address, enter your new email address and click Save Changes.
- Your password or your email is now updated.
- Click on the Forgot your password? link on the front page.
- On the next screen, enter the email address associated with your Local Orbit account.
- Click on the Send Instructions button.
- Follow the instructions in the email you will receive.
ASKING MARKET MANAGER TO RESET PASSWORD
In some cases, you may ask your market manager to reset the password for you.
- To reset a password for a user, as a market manager, navigate to the Market Admin tab and click on All Users.
- On the Users page, enter their name in the search bar and click the Search button.
- Then find the user you want to reset the password for and click on the blue link for their name in the Name column.
- On the Editing User page that appears, enter their new password and confirm.
- Note: Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and it may be a mix of numbers, letters, and symbols
- Click Save Changes.