Featuring and Promoting a Product
Featured Promotions appear at the top of the list of products the buyer sees in the catalog. The Featured Promotions also appears in a special section at the top of the Fresh Sheet mailer.
In the example below, a market wants to promote a supplier that offers Farmers' Choice Veggie bags in three different sizes.
ADD A PRODUCT FOR PROMOTION
From your Dashboard, click on the Products tab.
Click on Add New Product.
On the Product Info tab, add your Product Name, Short and Long Description, Photo and other information required.
Under the Long Description section, add a Unit. You can only enter the first unit you are offering because you need to Save before you can enter additional units. Add the Small Farmers' Choice Bag.
After you Save, add your additional units, such as the Medium and Large Bag.
Click Save and Continue. This opens the Pricing tab.
Note: The Product Info tab, Inventory tab, and Pricing tab offer easy navigation between the three sections for checking and modifying any entry.
- Under the Pricing tab, set the Minimum Quantity a buyer can purchase in an order and the Sale Price for the small bag. The Net Price calculates automatically. You can also enter the Net Price and the Sale Price calculates automatically.
- Save the Small Farmers' Choice Bag entry.
- Repeat the process for the Medium and Large Farmers' Choice Bag. Save each entry.
Click on the Inventory tab (to the left of the Pricing tab) to set quantities.
Add the Quantity available for the Small Farmers' Choice Bag. Click Add.
Repeat for the Medium and Large Farmer's Choice Bags.
ADD FEATURED PROMOTION
- To promote this offering to the top of the catalog, click on the Marketing tab --> select Featured Promotions in the drop-down.
Click on Add New Promotion button.
- The Promotion page appear. Select the Product you want to promote under Product. Be very careful to select the new promotion, if you happen to have other products with the same name but at the old pricing.
- Add the Name of the promotion, the Title, a Description, and an Image.
- Click the Save Promotion button.
- Your Promotion is listed with a Date, Name, an Activate icon ("-" and "+") and a Trash icon. Click on the "+" next to Activate to Promote this item. Click the Save Promotion button at the bottom.
- Click on the big Order button at the top of the page (next to Suppliers and About) and view the featured promotion you just created to see what the buyer will view when he/she opens the page.