Q. Do you have any resources that you recommend for Food Hubs/Market Managers?
A. Of course! Be sure to visit our online distribution toolkit and Field Notes Blog at localorbit.com. We are constantly adding new resources for Market Managers, sellers, buyers and everyone in between.
- The National Good Food Network has a database of searchable resources, including people, knowledge, and funders. This is a great place to start.
- The USDA provides research and articles to help support food hubs. Click here for a list of tools.
- Online Webinars provided by the National Good Food Network can be invaluable. Click here for a list of past recordings and future live events.
- In April of 2012, the National Good Food Network released a Regional Food Hub Resource Guide. This guide is full of tools to help support your hub’s growth and development, including suggestions for finding financial support. Our own founder, Erika Block, was a contributor.
- The USDA also provides a list of articles to support Food Hub funding.
Food Safety and Quality Control
- The Sustainable Food Center provides a wealth of information on food safety and quality control, including:
- Postharvest Handling of Fruits and Vegetables
- Postharvest Handling of Horticultural Products
- Postharvest Technology Research and Information Center
- Postharvest Resources for Organic Crops
- Key Points of Control and Management of Microbial Food Safety
- A Walk-In Cooler Plan
- The National Good Food Network is also a great place to start for food safety and quality control research.
Organizations to Follow on Twitter