What emails are automatically sent out through your system?
The Local Orbit system sends auto-generated emails to your buyers and sellers when triggered by certain events. Here is the list of those emails and the triggers that send them:
- New user email verification: An email including a link for the seller to click through and verify ownership of the seller’s registered email address. Trigger: Seller registers.
- Email verification confirmation: Trigger: The seller verifies their email address. If the Market Manager has activated the user, the email says "Hooray, you're all set!" If the Market Manager has not activated the user, then email says “Just one more step!"
- Email verification reminder: If a new user hasn't clicked through the verification link within 24 hours, we send them another link and a reminder. Trigger: 24 hours passes after verification.
- Market Manager activation notification: Sent when a user who completed email verification, and was waiting for Market Manager activation, has been activated. Trigger: Market Manager activates user account. Note: this applies only to markets requiring Market Manager activation for new users.
- Thank you for your order: A copy of the order confirmation that was sent to the buyer. Trigger: Some of the seller's products were purchased.
- Email & password change notifications: Trigger: When a user has changed either email account or password information.
- Payment notification: Trigger: When Local Orbit pays sellers for undisputed orders marked "delivered" in the system, an email notification of payment details is generated.
- New user email verification: an email including a link for the seller to verify ownership of their registered email address. Trigger: The buyer registers.
- Email Verification Confirmation: Trigger: The seller verifies their email address. If the Market Manager has activated the user, then mail says "Hooray, you're all set!" If the Market Manager has not activated the user, then the email says "Just one more step!"
- Order Confirmation Notice: The email provides confirmation of order details and payment information. Trigger: The buyer makes a purchase.
For Market Managers
- New User Registration Notification: A reminder for the Market Manager to review the new user and, if required by the market, to activate them. Trigger: New user registers (buyer or seller).
- Payment notification: Trigger: When Local Orbit sends payments to Managed Payment Services customers, an email with payment and order details is triggered.